Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Toy Fair 2012 ~ Mac's manic adventure continues...

Posted by Mackenzie Crowne at 4:42 AM
Day three...

If you've been reading the last couple of days, you know I headed off to Manhattan on Saturday and lived through hell on Sunday. (I don't want to talk about it) But today is a new day, and the football season is behind us. Thanks for a fabulously entertaining season, boys. Go Pats!

This morning I began the first day of the reason I traveled across the country. Did I mention this was a working vacation? Oh, I didn't? Well, technically I'm here to do a job, but when you get to spend time with family and friends in Manhattan, it barely feels like work.

For years I've been bundling myself up in my winter clothes at the beginning of February to head to the Big Apple for the yearly week of chaos known as Toy Fair. In years past, I was handed a script and convinced toy buyers they just had to have that new goodie on their shelves. (The first toy I pimped was the Cabbage Patch Potty Chair. That one never made it to the market, but I had a lot of fun telling people about it.) I've pushed some other doozies over the years. These days, however, instead of pimping the toys, I make them look pretty, so someone else can pimp them.

Day one of the chaos is behind me, and I enjoyed meeting up with the other trimmers I work with every year.  

Day four...

More fun with the trimmers, but now my feet hurt, two of my fingers are superglued together, and several nails are broken. Did I say it barely felt like work? What was I thinking? 

The showroom, however, is beginning to look like a showroom instead of a storeroom, and characters are flying high on Sesame Street, thanks to Jimmy and Moira (and their twelve assistants). 

Calling for snow today. What? I don't have any boots. I'm from AZ!

Until later... 

1 comments:

Clara said...

Great chat girls! Reading on the church: Best.idea.EVER!